Diversity Recycling: Surrey’s Trusted Aluminum Recycling Experts
Most people know aluminum best by its common uses in aluminum foil and cans, but at Diversity Recycling, we recycle multiple aluminum materials, from wire to siding. In Surrey, aluminum recycling is easy and convenient because of our services.
We’ll buy your cast, stripped or insulated aluminum wire, extrusions, siding, vehicle rims, turnings and structural aluminum. Contact us to learn more.
Get the Facts about Aluminum
At Diversity Recycling, we recycle multiple metals, both ferrous and non-ferrous. Aluminum is a non-ferrous metal and easy to recycle. Here are a few more interesting facts about aluminum and recycling:
- Aluminum is a sustainable and durable metal. In fact, it’s the most abundant of all metals on earth.
- Over two-thirds of all previously produced aluminum is still used today.
- Smelting new aluminum materials (rather than recycling aluminum already in use) produces toxic nitrogen oxide and sulfur oxide, both key elements of acid rain and smog.
- Producing new aluminum also involves 5 tons of bauxite ore per one ton of aluminum. This refining process creates toxic sludge that may contaminate groundwater.
- Recycling just 434 grams of aluminum saves nearly 7 kwh (kilowatt hours) of electricity.
- There is no limit to how many times the same piece of aluminum can be recycled; the process can happen repeatedly without any loss of material, making aluminum a uniquely sustainable metal.
- Recycling aluminum is fast, inexpensive and energy-efficient.
Diversity Recycling: Committed to a Clean Environment
We believe in keeping our community beautiful, clean and sustainable. When you recycle with us, you partner with a company that believes in conducting all recycling procedures according to our environmental best management protocols. We consciously work with suppliers who feel as strongly about resource conservation as we do.